Wednesday 27 August 2014

A new iPad, and pent up emotions

The next person that tells me I made a mistake in regards to breaking up with my ex will get a nice punch in the face, with a side order of a Tessa rant.

I am human, therefore I make mistakes. Whether ending my latest relationship a month and a half ago was one, I don’t quite know yet. What I do know, however, is that people are free to do as they please (within reason) and should be able to do something without fear of other people’s reactions…


I usually do things without thought of other people, and while some may say that it is selfish of me to do so, I don’t live for them. I live for myself, and at the end of the day, it is me that will reap the rewards (or consequences) of my actions.

So to all the people who feel the need to point out my actions, just don’t. I know what I’ve done, and I know how I feel about it, so don’t you dare try to put words in my mouth! You don’t know me, nor do you know everything I feel, so just stop and let me live my life the way I see fit.

Anyway, enough ranting for one blog post… Let’s discuss something else.

You may have noticed something else in this blog’s title, and it is true. I have a new iPad!

For Wintec’s SPARK week (please refer to previous blog posts for an explanation as to what it means), my Introduction to Journalism class was asked to use Twitter to post about all of the various events and workshops we all went to. Most of the class took up this challenge, and it was really interesting to see other people’s opinions about the festival.

The Tuesday following SPARK week rolls around, and I was doing some baking before my afternoon class, and all of a sudden I find that I’ve been tagged in something on Facebook. Thinking that it was just a friend of mine tagging me in something funny for me to look at, I clicked on the link and saw this photo:




It had shown that I was the winner of an iPad Air (the latest one out might I add), and that I was to go to Wintec to collect it that afternoon. Try to imagine me in my kitchen, squealing and jumping around like an idiot – that was my priceless reaction to the news, and it was the best news I had received that day (and that week too).

It’s such an amazing piece of technology, and I really enjoy using it!


Until next time,
Tessa