Thursday 26 June 2014

I can't think of an interesting title...

Like my title suggests - I can't think of anything fun or interesting to call this post, so take it easy on me...


Things have been absolutely amazing this week, I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow!! It's gone by so quickly!! I actually spent most of Tuesday with my boyfriend, his name is Mike (just thought I'd reveal his name, as I mentioned him in my last post). We went to Te Kuiti (his hometown) to have lunch with his parents, and then we came back to Hamilton and went to the movies. We saw 22 Jump Street, I swear that film had me in stitches (of laughter, just to clarify) almost all the way through it! It was truly a hilarious film and I suggest that you see it!

Mike is one of the most amazing guys I know, so thoughtful and sweet. Not every guy in the world is like him at all, most guys I meet are either total idiots (please excuse my language), or too drunk to know any different. With him, though, it feels different - like this is what a guy is supposed to be like. It scares me though, because this feeling is so unfamiliar to me, and I'm afraid that once I get used to it, then it will go away and I'll be left with a giant hole inside of me. For as long as I can remember, I've just had to learn to be independent and not get too attached or 'invested' in someone, because they will eventually leave and I'll have to start again. However, with Mike, it's different. I feel understood by him because he has had similar experiences to me, and I thank God that I have someone like him in my life.




(Photo: Mike and I before watching Billy Connolly's 'High Horse' show. Claudelands Arena, Hamilton, NZ)

Anyway, enough about Mike... I suppose I should tell you what else I've been up to during my break...

Well, other than sleeping a lot, I haven't actually done an awful lot (which is a rare occurence), I've just been writing poems (and the occasional song) and playing a lot of guitar. I've been learning a lot of random songs, and I'm thinking of performing a cover (or two) at a bar in Hamilton for their open mic night. That will be fun, I haven't performed for a crowd since I left high school... It was almost two years ago as well :O woah! Anyway, hopefully I end up playing there on Monday night.

I also have the opportunity to help out at an event at Wintec as well. I get to be a part of Wintec's annual Huge Day Out, it's an entire day where potential students (and their families) can have a look at the facilities and programmes that Wintec offers. I will be showing groups of people all of the Media Arts pathways such as Visual Arts (films, painting, sculpture etc.), Communications (journalism, public relations) and Design (fashion, architecture). It should be a good experience and I may learn something about Media Arts that I didn't know before.

Next week, my mum is coming to visit Hamilton for a week, I actually can't wait to see her! She lives at least a two hour drive (or an all day bus ride) away from me, so I don't get to see her often. I have planned an entire day where we just ride on the buses and stop off at random places in Hamilton, that should be fun. I wonder what her reaction will be when I take her to The Base (it is Hamilton's biggest shopping complex, with over 190 stores), feel free to google it and you'll see just how massive it is! I'm also planning to take my mum to the Hamilton Gardens, she'll like that I think. I'll be sure to post photos afterwards.

I should probably go to bed, as I have to wake up early tomorrow morning for the Huge Day Out at Wintec, and then I'm going to a friend's house for the weekend :)

Until next time, fare thee well blogosphere,
Tessa