Sunday 19 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Nineteen (one day late!)

April 19, 2015
Day 19 - A letter to your boss (or someone who bosses you around)

Dear former bosses at Kmart,


You are all so great in your own way, but you can also be rather intimidating at times. Whenever I made a mistake at work, you’d point it out first (which used to hurt, dependent on my mood), but then you’d also show me how to improve and prevent me from making the same mistake again.

You all challenged me to become a better team player, and showed me new ways of doing things that I had already been doing at some other point in my life. You nurtured the skills I had learnt, and showed me the potential I didn’t think was inside of me.

I’ve learnt a lot about retail and customer service while working at Kmart, and these skills will help me in my field of Public Relations and Event Management.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work for Kmart Te Rapa over the summer, I really enjoyed working and earning my own money to become (somewhat) financially independent. I hope I get the chance to work for you all again this Christmas holiday.

Thanks again :)                      

Sincerely,
Hard-working and appreciative.