Friday 17 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Sixteen (one day late!)

April 17, 2015
Day Sixteen - A letter to your family as a whole
Dear family,


It is amazing to be a part of both the Davies and Kerr families. I get to honour my parents, and my Māori heritage when I’m with you guys.

Even though I hardly see any of my extended family, just know that I think of you guys often, and wonder what you’re all up to.

I don’t see my parents that often either, and to be honest, it kinda sucks. Sometimes you just need your parents to reassure you that you’re making the right choices in life. You need their guidance and love to carry on when times are hard. I’m very independent (I always have been) and will often set out to do something alone, but on occasion, it’s nice to know I have people who will love and support me unconditionally.

They say your family are often your biggest fans – and I could not agree more!

You’ve all supported me as I’ve made life-changing decisions, and are never afraid to tell me you’re around to help. I love when you come to visit, and when I come back home to visit you guys.


With all my love,
Tessa.