Friday 3 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Three

April 3, 2015
Day three: A letter to your best friend



Dear best friend,


I absolutely love and adore you! You are incredible, sweet, cute, and downright bloody crazy! But hey, it just adds to the fantastic person I happen to call my best friend.

We’ve seen the best and worst of each other, the fact that we’re still together proves that nothing can tear us apart. We may bicker like an old married couple (even though you refute that description bitterly almost every time someone points it out), but you’re still here doing life with me. That must be a good thing, right?

I’ll let you be the judge of that.

You know when I’m happy, and when I’m not. You know what makes me tick, and you know when something’s wrong with me. You deal with my constant loudness and sarcasm, but you never shy away from me (unless you’re mad at me – but that doesn’t happen too often, at least I don’t think it does), and you’re always ready and waiting for me to tell you what happened that day.

The past has been shitty for both of us, and to be honest, we met at a very low point of our lives. We were both picked on profusely, for no actual reason, and I feel so fucking grateful that I have someone like you in my life. You are still the 12 year old I befriended all those years ago, and I still see that little girl in you sometimes.

I know this world can be dark and cruel, but I think as long as I have you in my life, nothing will ever be too much.

The fact that we’re living together just adds a whole other level to our friendship, and I love it! Living with you gives me all of the chances to surprise (and scare) you. We steal habits from each other, and you’re the first person I see in the morning, and the last I see at night. We watch Big Bang Theory during dinner, and we both like to spend far too much time at our laptops in our respective bedrooms.

To sum up, you are a beautiful and kind-hearted person, and I’m so proud of everything you do! Bring on the future, wherever it may take us – let us go there with happiness and love.

With love,
Your crazy, musically-inclined flatmate and best friend,
Tessa