Tuesday 11 April 2017

Change

There’s that dreaded six-letter word I always hated seeing and thinking about, at any given point in my life, it was always there to greet me. To remind me that everything around me is no longer the same as it once was.


It was also there to remind me that perhaps not everyone I started this journey with would be there to watch me make it to the end. As much as I hate change, I realise that it’s an important part of life, as things change around us, we too change in order to keep going in this life we live.

Change always terrified me, in the sense that if everything around me changed, I wouldn’t have anything comfortable to go back to, and I’d feel lost. It had always been such an integral part of the last three years of my life while studying, and everything around me changed so often, I was forced to be open to the idea – no matter how much I protested it internally, I had no choice.

With change, comes a lot of mixed emotions and feelings. Some make you feel like you’re on top of the world, like nothing can get to you. Others, however, make you feel like you’re just holding on for dear life.

For months, I’ve been staring at a blank document, trying to think of the right words to put down in the hopes that someday, it’ll provide some sort of explanation as to my sudden hiatus from blogging. Truth be told, I’ve written various paragraphs, and sometimes, I’m tempted to post them – in order to remind this blog that I haven’t forgotten about it. I haven’t abandoned it for something better or more fulfilling.

Rather, I’ve been stuck.

Stuck in places that didn’t suit me, with people who probably didn’t care about me as I did them. People who would rather gang up on someone, than tell them exactly how they feel. Stuck with feelings I didn’t want or need, or even understand. And stuck with the same song going round and round in my head in the hopes that someday, it’ll fit into some part of my life.

However, I’m beyond happy to say that with the help of my family, friends, and my loving partner – I’ve found the strength to overcome my obstacles and have learnt to embrace change as it comes. Some days, it’s hard to find that motivation to keep going, but it comes in many forms – you’ve just got to be open to it.

I’m proud to say that I’ve finished my degree in Communications with PR and Advertising, and I’m currently working two jobs while pursuing a Graduate Diploma in Event Management. I’m just seeing where this year takes me and trying to be open to any opportunities that come knocking, while also being proactive and getting myself out there and noticed by industry workers.

Moving forward, I plan to write more and give this blog the love and attention it needs while seeing what this year has for me. Stay tuned as I try to do this life thing as best I can.


Until next time,
Tessa.