Saturday 25 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Twenty Four

April 24, 2015
Day Twenty Four - A letter of your choice

Dear Glee (TV Show)


Thank you for being one of my favourite TV shows! Your storylines and songs have helped me through some pretty dark times in my life, so thank you for being there for me.
Glee has helped me work through some tough issues I’ve had in my life. It has helped me to accept my flaws and shine the light on my best features. That sounded slightly self-obsessed, but I really do mean it. I struggled for a long time, and with Glee’s help, I was able to work through and carry on living the life I do.

Thank you for spreading acceptance and love in so many people. Because of your show, I’ve become more accepting of other people, and also myself. Thank you for shining a light on the underdogs of McKinley High, and showing us that they are just like everyone else. Trying to survive high school and live life the way it’s meant to be lived.

Thank you for showing me that it’s okay to be different from everyone else, because someday, your differences are going to be the best things about you. I lived in fear of people knowing all of my little quirks and idiosyncrasies, but after watching Glee, and a lot of thinking and soul-searching – I realised that these people don’t define me, and their opinions don’t matter. I don’t live my life for them, I live for the people who actually care about me, and want to see me succeed in whatever I choose to do.

In short, thank you, Glee, for bringing me out of my shell, and showing me that life is for living – and not for sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I will definitely miss watching new episodes every week.


Sincerely,
Proud Gleek.