Thursday 30 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Thirty (the end is here!)

Hi blogosphere,
I just want to thank you for sticking with me throughout this 30 Day Writing Challenge. It hasn't been easy, but I regret nothing.
This is the last entry for it, and I will resume normal blogging as soon as I can.

Thank you once again,
Tessa

April 30, 2015
Day Thirty – A letter of your choice

Dear The Big Bang Theory,

Thank you for being a TV show I love. I am proud to say I am a fan, and I don’t care who objects to it!

Thank you for having characters that highlight social awkwardness and acceptance of other people’s quirks. Sheldon is especially funny, just because he makes a big deal about any changes he is faced with – but at the end of it all, he loves his friends dearly and doesn’t care what they do.

My favourite two characters on the show are Amy and Leonard.
Amy - because while she was growing up, she was friendless and craved social acceptance. Now with all the connections she has with everyone, she is able to be socially active and seems much happier than in earlier seasons where we were introduced to her. When we were first introduced to her, she was very awkward and insecure, but now we see her become more comfortable around her friends, and in her surroundings. I was the same as Amy when I was growing up, and I still am to some extent. I was friendless, but after getting out of my shell, and meeting new people – I’ve come to realise that I’m much happier now than I ever was.

Leonard is my other favourite character because he is so determined and hard-working, despite everything that is thrown at him. He is the shortest in his friend group, but he doesn’t care. Leonard was also picked on mercilessly when he was younger.
[Spoiler Alert] He even had one of his schoolyard bullies come back to him and asking for his forgiveness. I’ve had this happen too and let me tell you, it was satisfying to tell them no, and then to walk away from them.

Thank you for also being a part of a tradition with me and my flatmate. Every Friday night, we download the latest episode and watch it while we eat dinner. I look forward to Fridays because I get to combine two things I love.

I can’t wait for more seasons of craziness from The Big Bang Theory Cast!

Sincerely,
Proud Big Bang Theory fanatic!