Monday 13 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Twelve (two days late)

April 14, 2015
Day Twelve - A letter of your choice

Dear the English language,


Thank you for existing! I’m able to express myself in words that only I understand. I can both intrigue and piss people off in one fell swoop as they attempt to understand me.

I like to speak my mind (a little too much), and I can do so because I learnt English. Thank you for making me feel smarter than some people I know.
When they don’t understand something, their first port of call is me, where I have no issue explaining what it is that they’re having trouble with.

Thank you also for helping me get my feelings out with words. Sometimes it feels like my head is going to explode, with everything that gets stuck in there. I like that if I’m feeling overwhelmed, I can just sit down, grab a pen and paper, and write until I feel better.

Thank you also for giving me something no one can ever take away from me. No matter how horrible people can be, and how shitty my life can get – I have the power of words, and that is better than anything this world can give me.


Sincerely,
Innate English language nerd.