Sunday 19 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Eighteen (forgot to post)

April 18, 2015
Day Eighteen - A letter of your choice

Dear Music,


Thank you for existing! You’ve become such a huge part of my life, and you’ve always been there for me when it feels like no one else has been.

You’ve seen me through happy times, sad times, and all other times in between. You’ve helped shape moments in my life that I’ll never forget, and you’ve always comforted me when I’m feeling down.

You’re suitable for any and every minute of my life, and you bring me courage when I need it most. You’re there to celebrate, but also when commiseration deems necessary. You help me figure out everything that swirls around in my head, and you help me to express feelings that I tend to keep bottled up inside.

The lyrics that come from songs can be just as great as the music itself, and they inspire me to keep listening to music, and even inspire me to write my own music and lyrics. These are the only two things that seem to always make sense to me. They are like a beacon of light in my seemingly never-ending tunnel of darkness, and I am so happy to know the power of music.

In short, I am in awe of how beautiful music can be – and I can’t believe that I get to appreciate it as much as I do.


Sincerely,
Music appreciator