Thursday 9 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Nine

April 9, 2015
Day Nine - A letter to your parents

Dear Mum and Dad,


Thank you for contributing to make me. I wouldn’t be half the person I am without you two.

Mum – thank you for always being the guide in my life. For always protecting me, and always being the first to know when something wasn’t quite right with me. Thank you for giving me a house to live in, and comforting me when I had nightmares about all of the other children that would pick on me. Thank you for always putting me first and loving me no matter what I’ve done. Thank you for also teaching me to be kind and loving towards my friends and family. I love the people I know, fiercely and without borders – all because of you.

Dad – thank you for being the quiet in my life, when there is just so much noise around me – you are the one that gives me the strength to power through it all. You don’t talk all that much, and while I have the compulsion to fill silences with pointless drabble, you have taught me that sometimes being silent is better than anything.
Thank you for being the strong person you are, and carrying me through troubling times (in spirit usually). Thank you for continuously reassuring me that you’re always a text or a call away. Reliability is a quality that is hard to find in people, but I feel like you are one of the most reliable people I know. You taught me to be a reliable person to all I hold dear to me, and I thank you for teaching me that. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you.

No string of words will ever be enough to express just how much I love and appreciate you both.


Love from your youngest (and best) child.