Tuesday 28 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Twenty Eight

April 28, 2015
Day Twenty Eight - A letter to someone you barely know who has impacted you in some way

Dear Nicole,

We met a few months ago, through working at Kmart, and what a rollercoaster ride it has been. We may not see each other as often anymore, but just know that I appreciate our friendship. It means the world to me that we are friends, even though it feels like I met you yesterday.

I remember being so nervous to talk to you, and I don’t remember why? Maybe it’s because I am naturally very awkward and guarded around new people. Now that all this time has passed, I wished I had gotten over that fear sooner.

You are brilliant, smart, and downright one of the sweetest people I know. You never shy away from me, and even though we don’t see each other as much, you’re still super excited to see me, just as you’ve always been. Working with you at Kmart has been quite the experience, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I am lucky to know someone like you, and I am beyond happy that you’re right here, doing life with me :)

I remember talking to you for the first time. It was during a lunch break (we were still doing our training at the other store), and you seemed a little nervous to talk to me. Now look at us, and how far we have both gotten. We are more comfortable with each other, and thank goodness for that. I like that we text each other good morning and good night (even though I sometimes forget, whoops – you weren’t meant to know that haha), and we tell each other mostly everything that happens to us in one day. You know my quirks, but you’re still patient with me. Thank you for that by the way.

This is getting a bit long, but I just wanted to thank you for being someone I know I can go to whenever I’m not feeling so good. I also wanted to thank you for being one of the quiet people in my life. You’re thoughtful and understanding and I thank you for sometimes making me wait. Without patience and silence, I don’t think we would’ve learnt this much about each other.

Thank you again, you’re simply amazing!


Sincerely,
One close friend who is still incredibly awkward.