Sunday 5 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Six

April 6, 2015
Day Six - A letter of your choice

Dear Hamilton’s unpredictable weather patterns,

Can you make up your mind, please?!

Seriously, one minute it’s burning hot, and the next it’s cold and grey and it looks like it’s about to rain.

If I go to tech in the morning and it’s freezing, I feel the need to wear a hoodie and some jeans – but by midday, it feels like summer and I regret my earlier choices in clothing. If I walk outside and it’s sunny with no clouds to be seen, I feel like it should be summer, and that I should be wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Your weather patterns also make life very difficult. For example, if I want to do my laundry – I have to plan in advance whether it’s going to rain or not. I’m a busy student, do I seem like I have the time to plan around weather patterns?!

In short, Hamilton is awesome when it’s sunny and hot – but not so much when it’s cold and wet and foggy…


Sincerely,
Confused out-of-town student.