Thursday 23 April 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day Twenty Two

April 23, 2015
Day Twenty Two - A letter to your worst habit

Dear nervous/angry stutter,


You make my life much more difficult than it needs to be. You appear at the worst times, such as whenever I’m nervous, or when I’m trying to express anger towards someone.

It doesn’t just happen to me when I’m nervous or angry, sometimes it’ll happen out of nowhere. I’ve tried to manage it, but to no avail. You’re still there, annoying as ever.

You come at the most unexpected times, and you don’t warn me how long you’ll be staying for. I get tongue tied for no reason, and I end up having to abandon what I was going to say, just to recollect my thoughts and start again.

Thank goodness I can write in a decent way, otherwise I truly would be screwed. Writing is the only way I can communicate without getting nervous or stuttering.

I’m sorry this is so short, but I don’t have much else to say about my stutter. A lot of my friends don’t know about it, but I feel like they will find out soon enough.


Sincerely,
Nervous and awkward.