Tuesday 17 June 2014

Second update - brace yourselves!

Now, I know what you're thinking... This girl updated TWICE! - haha calm down everyone! It's okay, contain your excitement :P


As it says on my blogger profile, my name is Tessa and I'm 19 (certainly don't act it though!). I come from the beautiful country that is New Zealand, currently living in a city that is home to most of the university students here (Hamilton). Fitting because I'm currently studying at Wintec, towards a Bachelor of Media Arts in Communications... What it may not tell you is that I'm planning to major in Public Relations and Advertising.

I write far too much for my own good, surprised my hand hasn't fallen off yet! Mostly I write music and lyrics (and the odd poem here and there), but every so often - an assignment will take up most of my writing energy... Those take high priority so if there hasn't been a blog for a while (longer than a month), then that will most likely be the reason.

I also play guitar and sing, which I absolutely love! It's such a perfect escape from reality when things are getting me down, and it's something a lot of people can relate to. My guitar is my life and I have no idea where I'd be without it.

Currently I'm on a five week break from what has probably been the most intense four months I have ever worked through, filled with happy, sad, angry, and stressful moments - but it's been an amazing semester and there have been so many experiences that have helped me to grow as a person. Friends are people that know everything about you, and embrace the things that you may not like about yourself. I have met some of the most incredible people in existence this semester and I would not trade them for anything.

There's always one person though, that comes into your life so unexpectedly, "slowly, then all at once" (probably the only quote that I could use to describe it) - and when they do, you find yourself fighting an internal battle. The whole "should I or shouldn't I?" question is one that comes up most frequently, and it's something I've had to live through many times. Almost two months ago, I gave in and let myself fall into the unknown, with a boy named Mike. It's definitely been a test of my patience (those that know me will tell you that I am probably the most impatient person out there) and love, but it has also made me more appreciative of the things I have and the people that are around me. 02/05/14 will always be a date that will stand out for me, as it is the day I let myself go and ended up surrendering to a feeling that still feels unreal. He is the kindest, sweetest, most loving person I know - and someday I hope to be more like him. He reflects all the things I hope to be, and I trust him completely.

I've now completed an entire year of study towards my degree,and it feels amazing! But now for another two and a half more years of this - let's hope it's as amazing as this year has been. :)

Stay tuned for more 'thoughts I have',
Tessa