Saturday 18 October 2014

Good things come to those who work hard

“There is only one great mystery” is the lyric I hear as I start writing this post, and I can’t help but agree with it, considering all of the things that have happened since I last posted.


Well, actually no, that’s a lie. Not an awful lot has changed, but it’s enough to make me want to write a blog post. So here goes nothing…

I had my first training day at Kmart last Friday, where I looked like this:


It was awesome, although I came out of it with a bit of a headache.  I suspect it’s because we were told so much information and instructions on how to do certain things in the store. I’m not complaining though, as all of this training is one step closer to actually working and earning money over the summer holidays. I can’t wait to get stuck in, and prove myself to the people who hired me.

I also went back to Mount Maunganui for the weekend a couple of weeks ago. It was my eldest sister, Helena’s, birthday that weekend, so I decided to go home and spend some time with her and the rest of my family. I bought (what I think is) the coolest present in the history of ever. I bought her a mug, but not any ordinary mug, one that you can draw on! The surface is similar to a chalkboard, and it work exactly like a chalkboard should. It looks like this just in case you want to buy one for yourself:


Another thing that has happened is that I could potentially be volunteering for the Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards towards the end of this year. It is basically the biggest night in New Zealand music, and if I get the position, I will be spending a week up in Auckland, helping make this event a reality. It’s right up my alley, as I have been watching the event for the past three (or so) years on TV, and probably the same amount of time wishing that I was there too. The main person helping run the event emailed me on Tuesday, and I have to travel up to Auckland this coming Monday for an interview. Fingers crossed my interview goes well!

Wintec is intense as always! We finish in November, so we’re trying to finish all of our assignments before the end of the year. I figure out a while ago that I have seven assignments to complete by November. Seven! That’s crazy! Oh well, it keeps me busy I suppose. I’ve already handed in a 1500 word essay this Friday, and that was such a difficult essay to write. In fact, it actually gave me a headache while I was writing it. The whole process taught me a very important lesson though, and it’s one that I seem to be forgetting a lot recently. While in the midst of a mental breakdown, I learnt that rushing yourself is never a good idea. It may cause you to overlook something important, and could cause you to do something very wrong.

It is exactly two weeks until my birthday! I didn’t realise this until just now when I looked at the date… I’m not sure what I’m doing for it, as I may have to work the night before, and if that happens, then I’ll be far too tired to do anything too exciting. I think my older sister, Chanel, and my older brother, Angelo, may come over to Hamilton and we’ll go out for dinner or something like that. It should be a good night anyway.

Other than that, I don’t really have that much else to say really. I’m sorry this post is so short; I just had to get this out there to the blogosphere.


See you next time!
Tessa