Friday 26 December 2014

Christmas and Twenty Fifteen

I feel like I owe you (the blogosphere) an honest and truthful apology. I’ve had a lot going on recently, and I now feel like I can blog and not feel like it’s all going to crumble infront of me.

First of all, Merry Christmas! I hope it was everything you hoped for and more :D


I moved house a week ago! It’s exciting, but terrifying at the same time… I’ll be living with Hannah, but she doesn’t arrive in Hamilton until mid-January, so I’m currently living in our flat by myself. If I’m going to be honest though, I really miss her. Not just because we’ve been friends for nearly nine years, but because she’s always someone who just happens to be around right when you need her. It’ll be nice to know she’ll be in the next room so I can go and annoy her.

My original plan for Christmas was to just sleep, and then go to a friend’s house for pancakes (I had work the night before so I didn’t want to do anything too strenuous) – but earlier in the morning, I got a text from Bev (my previous flatmate) saying that they’re heading to Mount Maunganui (my hometown), and that she was coming to get me. I was so surprised, and so were my family! I had everything I had wanted right there with me. I spent the day with the people I love, and had some really good food!

I’m going back to Mount Maunganui on Monday, because I have a couple of spare days before work on New Years Day. I’ll hopefully get to catch up with everyone properly, and finally see Hannah in person (we’ve talked on Skype and on the phone, but it just isn’t the same).

Work has been crazy busy! I will have done 40 hours by the end of this week – yay for the money!

I enjoy working at Kmart, even though sometimes it feels like I can’t get anything right. I’ve met some pretty amazing people while working, and hopefully we’ll still keep in touch once we all finish.

Other than working like a mad woman and moving house, I haven’t actually done much else. I’ve just been catching up on sleep that I lose with the late hours that I work.

Sorry this post is lacking, I had to write something!

Watch this space for what mischief I get up to in 2015.


Have a safe and happy holiday season xx

Tessa