Saturday 30 January 2016

A happy new year!

Hi everyone,

I hope your Christmas and New Year celebrations treated you well, and that you got stupidly spoilt.

My Christmas was spent with some of my extended family, as well as Chanel, her family, and my Mum in Whitianga (coastal town on the Coromandel Peninsula). It was good to see everyone, and eat way too much food (sorry but it happens).


After that was done, I was back in Hamilton for a few days, and also had Tobias and Saskia at my place for a couple of days (to give my sister and her partner some time away from the kids). I took them to the Waikato Museum, as well as the lake playground, and we also went swimming at the local University pools.



(Tobias and Saskia at Hamilton Lake Playground)


I enjoyed spending time with them in my part of the country, and they were mostly well-behaved for the two days I had them in my company. Luckily Hannah wasn’t home when they were here, otherwise that probably would’ve been a recipe for disaster… Haha!

For New Years, I went back to Mount Maunganui and spent some time with the rest of my family, and a couple of friends. It was good to go back home after being away for so long, and to be in the same city as them too.

My niece, Miami, also celebrated her second birthday while I was back home. We all went to Memorial Park, ate lunch there, and the kids played on the playground while the adults just enjoyed not having to cater to the children for a short while.


(Miami at Memorial Park, Tauranga)

I also got to meet the latest addition to my family, Cavalier. He was born on the 7th of November (just five days after I turned 21), and the only exposure I had of him was photos his parents were posting on Facebook. It wasn’t enough, and soon, I was getting angsty because I couldn’t see him in person.

Fortunately, when I went back home for New Years, he was there, and I got my fair share of cuddles and kisses of my little man!



(Me making Cavalier smile for the first time!)

Now we’re heading towards the end of January and things are looking good. My timetable for this semester at Wintec looks promising, and laying the groundwork for some amazing things that will (hopefully) be happening this year.

Induction is in a couple of weeks, and then classes officially start on the 15th and I cannot wait to get stuck in!

Anyway, that’s enough from me. This post is short and sweet, apologies for that.

See you soon everyone!


Tessa