Saturday 13 January 2018

Tessa's the Name

For those of you who are new, old, or who have come here against your own free will - allow me to introduce to you the girl behind the keyboard.

My name is Tessa, I’m 23 years old from the wonderful city of Tauranga. More specifically, I call a little town named Mount Maunganui my home, my happy place, and the place where I feel whole.



I fill my time by working in Retail - more specifically, in a bike store. You wouldn’t know this by looking at me, but I happen to love bikes, and I rode them a lot as a kid. Because I was the kid who always got flat tyres, I learnt pretty quickly how to fix them, and other things that were wrong with any bike I had - and I just went from there. Now, a number of years later, I’m surrounded by them almost daily, and I’m telling people how to sort their own bikes out.

I also work in Events on the odd occasion - and is actually what I want to do with my life. I work in Event Security, and it’s been an incredible experience thus far. I had the opportunity to travel to Auckland and see the one and only, Adele, live and in the flesh - twice! Best part is, I got paid for it too!

Winning!

I’ve also worked at a variety of events, including (but never limited to); NZ Bomb Comp (2017), Vodafone NZ Music Awards (2014), Northern Bass (2016/2017), Innes48 Business StartUp Competition (2016, 2017, and this year!), as well as others.

As you can tell, I manage to keep myself pretty busy at times - it’s often a wonder how I have time to even breathe sometimes!

I’ve been writing on this blog for about three years, whilst I was studying towards a Communications degree in Hamilton, at a place called Wintec. This blog started off as a way for me to let out my frustrations and a place for me to keep memories (because my head is a terrible place most days) - but as I learnt more about Communications as a discipline, I realised that this blog could be more than just me, filling time before my next class or my next assignment - but I could use this as a platform to change the world around me, and inspire change in others, both near and far.

Now that I’m well and truly done with my studies (for now, I mean, who knows what could happen in the near future right?), I’ve been thinking a lot about how I could focus my attention on this again, and I thought that a re-introduction of myself would get the ball rolling, so to speak. I also thought I’d share some ideas of future posts to come.

After that long-winded introduction, I should probably tell you some of my plans for this blog moving forward.

I plan to write more about life, love and all the fun stuff that comes along as I try to sort my stuff out...

I also plan to write about my journey so far, and what I’ve discovered along the way - in the hopes that it’ll help someone far away, realise that whatever they’re going through is normal and that whatever they’re feeling is valid and worth talking about.

My hope is that somebody gets some value out of these words on these pages - and in turn, figure out their next move. Chances are, they’re doing a better job than me already.

Stay tuned friends! The best is yet to come :D

With love,

Tessa.