Sunday 6 May 2018

Surprise!

Hey friends!

Long time no blog, infinite amount of apologies about that, but I come bearing news!!

For those who may not know, I work in Retail (those who know me well will know where I work, but for those who don’t, sucks for you) and recently, an opportunity had presented itself that I couldn’t possibly ignore.



The last month has been rather chaotic, in terms of putting everything together and making sure I was doing this the “right” way, whatever that means (I still have no idea), and keeping things under wraps for fear of jinxing it and things not going to plan.

As much as I hate the world sometimes, because of its proclivity to put me in rather stressful situations, it did align itself rather well in this scenario...

About a month ago, I applied for another role in the company I work for, which is based in Auckland (both its head office, and this role) - and in preparation for this, I set about emailing people in the company to give them a heads up (see! I can be considerate sometimes) about my intentions going forward.

I was asked to go to Auckland to have an interview about the role, and the things I would be doing in it. All the while, my nerves were having a field day and I was trying my hardest to keep it together.

Turns out the internal minefield I was making was totally worth it! I got the job and will be moving to Auckland and making a hell of a lot of havoc up there! I’ve been lucky enough to have this opportunity and will spend every second proving that I’m worth the risks I’m taking.

I’ll be working as part of the Webstore Team, packing and dispatching online orders as they come in, sourcing products from different stores and occasionally helping out in the retail shop I’ll be based in when they’re busy.

I’m ready for the adventure and cannot wait to see where this takes me next.

Thanks to those who have supported me and have kept believing in me when I needed it. You make this whole thing worth it, I’m not letting you down.

Stay tuned for the neverending parade of “Thoughts I Have” :D

Tessa.