Tuesday 23 February 2016

Spontaneity wins, and something new

Hi everyone, sorry I haven’t blogged on here in a little while. Life tends to get a bit crazy, and that causes me to have to stop writing and take care of business.

Anyway, I’m here now, and I’m going to tell you all what has happened in the last month.

Here we go…


Since you last heard from me, I’ve had my house invaded by various tradespeople, fixing things around the house, after playing cat and mouse with a property manager, and complaining for the last year.

Power points were fixed, kitchen cupboards in our house are now able to close as they should, and we even had part of our toilet replaced! What a wonderful time to be alive!

Now with all of that out of the way, things are now running as smoothly as they should be, with nothing suddenly breaking, or having to slam a door shut when it doesn’t want to close properly.

During my absence, I’ve also had Chanel and her kids visit Hamilton. There was a long weekend at the end of last month, and they decided to pay a visit to not only me, but a family friend who lives here as well.

At the end of their trip, Chanel decided to ask me if I wanted to go back to the Mount with them, because she had booked some time off. Of course, I said yes, and set about booking my trip from the Mount back to Hamilton (Chanel wasn’t able to bring me back) a few days later.

I also asked Hannah if she wanted to join me, and she did! We got to spend three days with our respective families, and then come back to Hamilton. It was a super spontaneous trip with very, very poor planning and rushed decisions being made, but aside from that, it was good to go back home and see my family.

This year I will be (no doubt) really busy, so I’m trying to get all the family time in that I can now, so I won’t feel as guilty for sometimes choosing tech over them. I think they’ll understand, but I’ll feel guilty and miss them terribly.

Those who have seen me in person in the last month will also have noticed I did something 
else…

I got a tattoo!




It’s not in a very obvious place unless you know about it, and isn’t too big and off-putting. I love it so much!

I got it done at a tattoo studio in Hamilton, by the same artist that did one of Hannah’s tattoos. Hannah came with me and held my hand while I was getting it done. It only took fifteen minutes, and it was more of a shock rather than it hurting. I’m not going to lie, it did hurt a fair bit, but after it was done, I was glad I got it done.

I had talked about it to various people for about a year, and I finally had the money to go and have it done. Now I’m planning my second, but I have to wait until this one heals properly, and I get some more money.

Other than that, I’ve now started my third and final year of my degree, but that is a story for another time…

Anyway, that’s enough about my life from the last little while. Catch you all soon!


Tessa.