Sunday 30 November 2014

The end of an intense year at Wintec

I feel like all I’ve been talking about of late is Wintec, and the craziness that ensues most days I’m there, but it’s all over! Hooray!


I am now exactly 18 months through my degree and I honestly could not be happier. The last year and a half has been filled with so many happy, sad, depressing, and angry moments. In the sad, depressing, and angry moments of the last 18 months, I’ve felt myself wanting to give up on the one thing I love the most – but in the happy moments, I find myself having more and more faith in myself and what I’m doing. The past 18 months has been driven by changes I have made, with little to no input from anyone else.

That last sentence sounded quite selfish, but I’m being serious. When I was first told about moving to Hamilton, I had no idea what I would do. I felt like so much was riding on one place saying “yes” to me (Wintec did), that I could feel myself getting physically drained. When I got my acceptance letter in March of 2013, I finally felt like a massive weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Now fast forward 18 months, and here I am. Finally feeling like I have my life “somewhat” together, with a new job, and amazing people I call my friends – it’s nice to not feel like I’m walking on eggshells.

I’m currently listening to the song “I Will Never Let You Down”, by Rita Ora. At one point, this song reminded me of my ex-boyfriend (Michael), but now I think the title sums up how I feel about the people I care about. I will try my hardest to never let them down, and to always try and help them through whatever they may be going through. I like to think I’m always there for my friends and family whenever something happens, but the truth is that I’m not. I feel bad for saying that, but I know that I can only try, and try I definitely will.

Other than working, I’ve recently just gone to the Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards. It was such an amazing night, the atmosphere there is crazy! The people I met and the experiences we had were unreal, and it felt so awesome to be a part of NZ music’s biggest night in music! It’s an experience I won’t forget, and I felt like I was living my dream. I got the chance to meet some great New Zealand people, such as: David Dallas, Sol3 Mio (that wasn't a typo, that's actually how their band name is spelt), Benny Tipene, and Paul Ego (google them if you don’t know who they are). I even got photos with them as well! Overall, it was a really amazing night, and I hope to be able to repeat the experience in 2015.


(Paul Ego and I, November 2014)


David Dallas and I, November 2014)


David Dallas,Sol3 Mio,and I, November 2014)



(Benny Tipene and I, November 2014)

Speaking of 2015, it is literally weeks away! How terrifying is that?! I feel like last month went way too fast, and now we’re nearly at the end. I suppose I should share with you some plans I have for this coming year. Other than the obvious “go to Wintec and get good grades”, I also plan to be happier and more appreciative of the life I live. I feel like all I’ve been doing of late, is complaining and whinging about how much everything just flat out sucks. This complaining usually happens when I’m in a shitty mood and it feels like I can’t get anything to go right.

Last night at work was a great example. Basically eight hours of people picking on me left, right, and centre, resulted in me having to run away and cry. It wasn’t pretty, and it actually scared me. Probably because I swore to myself that I’d never let things get to me at work… 

Well, that plan didn’t work very well now did it? Oh well, things happen and sometimes people melt down. It’s okay now, cause that’s over and I don’t have to think about it anymore.


Anyway guys, that’s enough from me... 

Stay safe and until next time – tune in to see what other “thoughts I have”.
Tessa